This course will provide the information you need to Master the Raspberry Pi 3! It assumes no prior programming or electronics knowledge and walks you through everything you need to know to use the platform to the fullest! Learn how to setup the Raspberry Pi, install software, work with Linux, work with GPIO pins and circuits and build projects like an Amazon Echo Clone.
This course will provide the information you need to Master the Raspberry Pi 3! It assumes no prior programming or electronics knowledge and walks you through everything you need to know to use the platform to the fullest! Here are some of the topics that are covered:
• We will first dive into what the Raspberry Pi is and learn what components you need to set everything up
• Step by step videos on how to set it up
• We will walk through how to easily flash an SD card with any OS for the Pi
• We will talk about tips to prevent SD card corruption
• We will show configuration tips for the Raspbian Operating System
• Multiple methods of connecting remotely to your Raspberry Pi will be covered to show how you can run it in “headless mode” without a monitor
• We dive into the Terminal and Linux commands to show how you can navigate your system, work with files, perform network and system commands and keyboard shortcuts
• We dive in depth into the APT Package system for installing software and show how to install any software for your Pi
• Best practices for securing your Raspberry Pi are covered
• We install a Web Server using different approaches
• We work with GPIO pins and show how you can control LEDs, determine if a button is pressed, work with a PIR sensor and will make a PIR sensor alarm circuit
• We will do Python code reviews for the projects so you will understand how the software and hardware work together
• We work with cameras and images and show how you can setup a USB web cam and install software to create a live streaming camera feed
• We use the Raspberry Pi Camera module and show how you can interact with it programmatically to take photos, video and create special effects
• We create a working Amazon Echo Clone with the Alexa Voice Service
• Much much more!
No previous programming or electronics knowledge is required.
You get the best information that I have compiled over years of trial and error and experience!
Learn the Raspberry Pi 3 fast! Install software, build circuits, make projects!
Get started now!
Checkout the Project for all the Presentations, Resources and Links you will need for this course.
Projects & Resources
Visit the course Page.
• Product Management
• Raspberry Pi
Hi, I am Lee Assam. I bring to the table 18+ years of programming, development and IT experience. I have a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical and Computer Engineering and a Master’s Degree in Computer Science.
I teach at Universities on topics ranging from Software Development to Electrical Engineering and prototyping. I like coming up with new ideas and prototyping them using the Arduino and Raspberry Pi platforms.
My passion and hobby is Arduino and the Internet of Things. I have been playing around with the Arduino and the Raspberry Pi platforms since their inception, and I use my Electrical Engineering background coupled with software development skills to create and develop exciting projects. I prefer a hands-on, project-based learning approach and use my teaching background to make concepts fun and entertaining, while at the same time educational and informative.