Coursera – C Programming with Linux Specialization [FCO]
Gain skills in computer engineering – C and Linux. Become a skilled C programmer and start a career in computer engineering.
What you’ll learn
– Develop and debug code in the C programming language
– Discover the foundations of computer programming and Linux, the command line, manage processes, files and memory, compile C code with Linux
– Interpret, analyze, and implement important computer algorithms
– Observe, manipulate, and optimize computer memory using pointers in the C programming language
Specialization – 7 course series
In this C Programming with Linux Specialization program of seven short courses, you will learn how to write, read and debug computer programs in the C programming language while also becoming familiar with the Linux operating system.
Why learn C and not another programming language? Did you know that smartphones, your car’s navigation system, robots, drones, trains, and almost all electronic devices have some C-code running under the hood? C is used in any circumstance where speed and flexibility are important, such as in embedded systems or high-performance computing.
C is a foundational programming language taught at engineering schools around the world, and represents one of the building blocks of modern computer information technology. Invented in the 1970’s. It is still one of the most stable and popular programming languages in the world.
Along with the C programming language comes Linux, an essential operating system used by most computer scientists and developers. Linux powers almost all supercomputers and most of the servers worldwide as well as all android devices and most internet of things devices. This Specialization will introduce the Linux command line and Linux tools for C programmers; both of which are must-have skills in today’s tech industries.
Our dedicated international course team is excited to introduce you to the world of coding and guide you along your path to becoming a skilled C programmer and help you pursue a career in computer engineering.
Applied Learning Project
Beginners, even those without any programming experience, will be able to immediately start coding in C through our new coding tools within the web browser. No need to install anything!
You will practice through guided exercises and short coding demonstrations, as well as more elaborate assignments.
– C Programming: Getting Started – 1
– C Programming: Language Foundations – 2
– C Programming: Modular Programming and Memory Management – 3
– C Programming: Pointers and Memory Management – 4
– C Programming: Advanced Data Types – 5
– Linux Basics: The Command Line Interface – 6
– C Programming: Using Linux Tools and Libraries – 7
Skills you will gain
– Software Engineering
– C Programming
– Computer Programming
– Computer Science
Remi SHARROCK, Associate Professor, Telecom Paris
Petra Bonfert-Taylor, Professor of Engineering | Associate Dean for Diversity and Inclusion
Offered by Institut Mines-Telecom and Dartmouth College
Author(s): Remi SHARROCK, Petra Bonfert-Taylor
Videos Duration: 64h+
Course Source: https://www.coursera.org/specializations/c-programming-linux