Tags: Backup, Coursera, Coursera.org, Directory Service, Google, Google Career Certificates, Information Technology, IT, LDAP, Lightweight Directory Access Protocol, practices, Support and Operations, Systems Administration
Coursera – System Administration and IT Infrastructure Services [FCO]
This course is part of Google IT Support Professional Certificate
Build your Support and Operations expertise
This course is part of the Google IT Support Professional Certificate When you enroll in this course, you’ll also be enrolled in this Professional Certificate.
– Learn new concepts from industry experts
– Gain a foundational understanding of a subject or tool
– Develop job-relevant skills with hands-on projects
– Earn a shareable career certificate from Google
There are 6 modules in this course
This course will transition you from working on a single computer to an entire fleet. Systems administration is the field of IT that’s responsible for maintaining reliable computers systems in a multi-user environment. In this course, you’ll learn about the infrastructure services that keep all organizations, big and small, up and running. We’ll deep dive on cloud so that you’ll understand everything from typical cloud infrastructure setups to how to manage cloud resources. You’ll also learn how to manage and configure servers and how to use industry tools to manage computers, user information, and user productivity. Finally, you’ll learn how to recover your organization’s IT infrastructure in the event of a disaster.
By the end of this course you’ll be able to:
● utilize best practices for choosing hardware, vendors, and services for your organization
● understand how the most common infrastructure services that keep an organization running work, and how to manage infrastructure servers
● understand how to make the most of the cloud for your organization
● manage an organization’s computers and users using the directory services, Active Directory, and OpenLDAP
● choose and manage the tools that your organization will use
● backup your organization’s data and know how to recover your IT infrastructure in the case of a disaster
● utilize systems administration knowledge to plan and improve processes for IT environments
1. What is System Administration?
2. Network and Infrastructure Services
3. Software and Platform Services
4. Directory Services
5. Data Recovery & Backups
6. Final Project
Skills you will gain
– Directory Service
– Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP)
Google Career Certificates are part of Grow with Google, an initiative that draws on Google’s 20-year history of building products, platforms, and services that help people and businesses grow. Through programs like these, we aim to help everyone– those who make up the workforce of today and the students who will drive the workforce of tomorrow – access the best of Google’s training and tools to grow their skills, careers, and businesses.
Offered by Google
Author(s): Google Career Certificates
Videos Duration: 25h
Course Source: https://www.coursera.org/learn/system-administration-it-infrastructure-services