About This Class
In this video course on designing characters for a client or customer, Tom Bancroft describes the key concepts involved in creating compelling characters and walks you through the process. Tom describes the steps as he completes the steps himself.
• Tom describes the keys to creating interesting character designs.
• He goes on to discuss working for a client to create character designs.
• Tom describes how to find all the reference and inspiration you need to make a successful character design.
• He then walks through the process of discovering and experimenting with various shapes and designs.
Lesson Part 2
• Tom Bancroft then walks the artist through his thought process in creating various versions of the Koala character for this painting company.
• Finally, Tom makes suggestions for the artist on how to continue forward with the project to take it to final.