Evgeniya & Dominic Righini-Brand, Graphic Design & Photography
About This Class
Using 3D objects in digital art allows us to add depth and a sense of volume to our work and make it look trendy and exciting! Specialist 3D software is great, but it can be very expensive and complicated for new users. So instead I invite you to explore the 3D effectsavailable in Adobe Illustratorwhich have been around for many years.
I am Evgeniya Righini-Brand, and in this class I will share a range of tools & techniques for creating geometric and abstract 3D objects in Adobe Illustrator, ways to make them look exciting and tips to make your finished 3D compositions stand out.
I started my 3D journey about 10 years ago and although I usually use Cinema4D, experimenting with 3D objects in Illustrator is good fun and it is a great starting point for anyone who has never worked with 3D before! So if you are looking to add a new dimension to your workand learn some super useful Illustrator techniques, then this is the class for you!
In this class you’ll learn:
- how to create a range of 3D objects in Illustrator using Extrude & Bevel and Revolve effects;
- how to light and shade 3D objects;
- how to customise appearance of 3D objects using fill and stroke;
- how to add graphics to the surfaces of 3D objects;
- how to efficiently work with appearance styles;
- how to create and use custom bevel shapes;
- what to consider when putting 3D objects together in compositions;
- how to add finishing touches to 3D compositions;
- how to flawlessly export your work.
I’ll be super excited to see you using 3D objects in your work!Start watching now and make something awesome!;)
This class follows up on the tools, techniques and theory covered in our two previous classes Creating Trendy Abstract Patterns in Illustrator & Creating Trendy Designs with Abstract Patterns in Illustrator, so if you are at a beginner level of working in Illustrator, don’t hesitate to check them out too.
To quickly get you started I’ve attached a file with a range of 2D objects which you can easily convert into 3D and a file with a few of my abstract patterns which you can use for art mapping.