Once you have learned the basics of HTML, it’s time to start exploring Cascading Style Sheets (CSS), the language that makes HTML look great in the browser. This course gives you a tour of the possibilities, showing what CSS is capable of doing and the basics you need to make it work for you. Join Carrie Dils as she explains what CSS is and how it works with HTML, discusses authoring options, and covers common CSS concepts such as the CSS box model and how to work with fonts and color. Plus, she demonstrates how to structure a page with CSS, maintain CSS with version control, work with media queries, and more.
- What is CSS?
- Understanding how CSS works with HTML
- Applying fonts
- Understanding the classic box model
- Setting margins and padding
- Positioning elements
- Basic CSS layout concepts
- Media types and media queries
- Working with CSS frameworks and CSS grids
- Creating responsive layouts
- Tools that help you write and maintain CSS
Skill Level Beginner
Skills covered in this course
Web Web Design Web Development Web Foundations CSS