CSS layouts are becoming less of a puzzle. After decades of hacking CSS to make multicolumn layouts, the CSS Grid Layout module makes page layout predictable. In this course, take a step back from traditional layout models, and learn how to take full advantage of the new capabilities of CSS Grid to build interfaces that are attractive, accessible, and responsive. Join Morten Rand-Hendriksen as he walks through how to create full-bleed layouts, multicolumn layouts, and advanced card-based layouts. He demonstrates how to create dynamic responsive grids that adjust to their available viewport space.
- Defining a grid
- Grid lines and units
- Automatic and manual grid item placement
- Planning for grid layouts
- Starting your layouts with pen and paper
- Multicolumn layouts
- Full-bleed single column layouts
- Making the grid responsive
- Various card layouts
- Accessible off-screen navigation layouts
Skill Level Advanced
Content retrieved from: https://www.lynda.com/CSS-tutorials/CSS-Advanced-Layouts-Grid/622088-2.html.