Code With Mosh – Entity Framework 6 in Depth [FCO]
Connect your applications to a SQL Server database
Entity Framework is an Object / Relational Mapper (O/RM) that helps you read and write data from and to a database. In this course, Mosh, teaches you the core concepts of Entity Framework through a series of clear, concise and hands-on lectures.
Whether you’re new to Entity Framework, or been using it for a while but are looking for a comprehensive course with a clean structure to fill the missing parts, you’re going to love this course.
By the end of watching this course, you’ll be able to:
– Understand the differences between code-first and database-first workflows
– Build a domain model using database-first workflow
– Build a domain model using code-first workflow (with a new or an existing database)
– Use code-first migrations to upgrade or downgrade your database
– Override code-first conventions (using data annotations and fluent API)
– Query data using LINQ (using query syntax and extension methods)
– Use eager loading, lazy loading and explicit loading effectively
– Add, update and remove objects
– Use additional tools to profile and troubleshoot your applications
– Understand what the repository pattern is, why and when to use it and how
– Apply best practices with Entity Framework
Unlike other books or courses that teach Entity Framework like a manual, I walk you through real-world scenarios using my extensive experience in the field. Not only will you learn the fundamentals of Entity Framework, but you’ll also learn the best practices along the way.
In each section, you’ll find exercises to help you reinforce the materials. These exercises have been chosen from real-world scenarios to help you prepare for the challenges of the real-world. Also, some sections include cheat sheets so you can quickly review what you learn in that section.
This course is produced with Entity Framework 6. If you’re using an older version of Entity Framework, you can still take this course as long as your version of Entity Framework is 4.1 or higher.
In order to take this course, you should have at least 3 months experience programming in C#. If you need to strengthen your C# fundamentals, you can take my related courses:
– C# Basics for Beginners
– C# Intermediate: Classes, Interfaces and Object-oriented Programming
– C# Advanced
Hi! My name is Mosh Hamedani. I’m a software engineer with two decades of experience. I’ve taught millions of people how to code and how to become professional software engineers through my online courses and YouTube channel.
I believe coding should be fun and accessible to everyone.
Author(s): Mosh Hamedani
Videos Duration: 5h 6m
Course Source: https://codewithmosh.com/p/entity-framework