This 16-hour information security training course will cover the core security skills all Security Operation Center (SOC) analysts need to have. These are the skills that all Black Hills Information Security (BHIS) SOC team members need to have.
• Core networking skills
• Live Windows Forensics
• Live Linux Forensics
• Memory Forensics
• Active Directory Analysis
• Network Threat Hunting
• Basics of Vulnerability Management
• The Incident Response Process
WHO SHOULD TAKE THIS COURSE
AUDIENCE SKILL LEVEL
• x86-compatible or x64-compatible 2.0 GHz CPU minimum or higher
• USB drive
• 8 GB RAM or higher required
• Wireless adapter
• 40 GB available hard drive space
• Windows 10
WHAT EACH STUDENT SHOULD BRING
• A laptop/computer and a smile!
WHAT STUDENTS WILL BE PROVIDED WITH
• Links to all the material and tools needed with instructions. Access to three private class channels on our Discord server.
TRAINER & AUTHOR
John has both consulted and taught hundreds of organizations in the areas of security, regulatory compliance, and penetration testing. He is a coveted speaker and much loved SANS teacher. John is a contributor to the industry shaping Penetration Testing Execution Standard and 20 Critical Controls frameworks.