Eduonix – Build Python REST API with Django REST Framework [FCO]
Learn how to Build REST APIs with Python and Django REST Framework
Welcome to Build Python REST API with Django REST Framework , so first of all what is Django ?
What is Django ?
Django is a Python Web Framework that is used for web development. Django framework uses a set of design principles that produces one of the most productive web development processes compared to many other web frameworks. also Django provides a set of tightly integrated components. all of these components are developed by the Django team itself, you can use Django as a Full stack Web Framework, it means that you can build frontend an backend in Django, or you can just build your backend REST API using Django REST Framework and you can integrate that with any frontend frameworks and libraries like reactjs, vuejs or mobile frontend like react native.
What is RESTFul APIs ?
A RESTful API acts as a translator between two machines communicating over a Web service. If your familiar with the concept of API This is just like an API but it is working on a RESTful Web service and the API is used by two applications trying to communicate with each other over a network or Internet. Web developers program REST API that server can receive data from applications. These applications can be web apps, Android/iOS apps, etc. RESTful APIs return JSON files which can be interpreted by a variety of devices.
What is Django REST Framework ?
Django REST framework is a powerful and flexible toolkit for building Web APIs. Some reasons you might want to use REST framework:
– The Web browsable API is a huge usability win for your developers.
– Authentication policies including packages for OAuth1a and OAuth2.
– Serialization that supports both ORM and non ORM data sources.
– Customizable all the way down – just use regular function based views if you do not need the more powerful features.
– Extensive documentation, and great community support.
– Used and trusted by internationally recognized companies including Mozilla, Red Hat, Heroku, and Eventbrite.
This course is divided in to different lessons and you will learn about fundamental concepts on building REST APIs with Django REST Framework, also you will learn how to deply your Python API to Heroku.
What You’ll Learn
– Students learn about fundamental concepts of building REST APIs
– Students learn about fundamental concepts of Django REST Framework
– Students learn about Token and Session authentication mechanism
– Students learn how to deploy Python REST APIs to Heroku
Skills you will gain
– Students will learn building REST APIs with Django REST Framework (DRF)
– Students learn building Authentication system with Django REST Framework
– No prerequisites as such.
– Basic Knowledge of Python
What will students achieve after taking this course
– Students will be able to build RESTful APIs with Python and Django REST Framework
I am Parwiz Forogh. I am working as online instructor from 2014 till now. I am teaching online different Programming Languages like Python, C, C++, Java, and C#, I have more than 600 free video trainings on my YouTube channel, I have a website at name of codeloop, that sometimes iam writing articles about different frameworks and programming languages.
Author(s): Parwiz Forogh
Last Updated: 09/2022
Videos Duration: 3h+
Course Source: https://www.eduonix.com/build-python-rest-api-with-django-rest-framework