SuperHi – Crypto + Web 3 For Creatives [FCO]
Our crypto course shows you how to code websites that interact with the Ethereum blockchain and smart contracts in a practical, real-world, no-hype, no-BS, ethical way.
Crypto is one of largest shifts in how the web works in decades… to the point where people are calling this new phase ‘Web 3’, but what is this shift and why is it happening?
Crypto lets data be completely decentralized so that there isn’t one company or service holding all the cards. If, say, Instagram shuts down tomorrow, all your Instagram data is lost forever… this does not happen with crypto as everything is permanently stored online publicly. This lets us as creatives make brand new concepts that were previously thousands of lines of complex coding much simpler (or concepts that just didn’t exist at all!). Crypto lets you remix projects like never before and for us, it’s one of the largest movements since the open source movement.
What you’ll learn
– How to create your own custom NFT platform and let people mint, buy and sell directly from you
– How to move from standard web technologies (“Web 2.0”) to Web 3 technology
– How to create a decentralized social network that allows you to connect your digital wallet to websites, allowing you to log in without needing a back-end service
– How to create your own digital currency for a social network where people can tip each other and have access to features based on how much of the social network’s currency they have
– How to create your own smart contracts, test them, and deploy them to Ethereum
– Learn how to work with React.js, Next.js, Solidity and more!
Who This Course Is For
– Anyone who wants to better understand how to incorporate Web 3 and crypto techniques into coding websites.
– Most of our students work in the creative and tech industries, but you can work in any industry to join the course. This is not a get-rich-quick type course but a course for adding value to the internet and its communities.
What You’ll Need
All the tooling that we need for this course is completely free to download. You may want to buy some Ethereum to deploy any projects to the main Ethereum blockchain, but this isn’t necessary for this course.
– VS Code or a code editor of your choosing
– Metamask – a digital wallet which is installed as a browser extension
– A Github account to store your code online
– A Vercel account to host your final websites
– An Infura account to let people who don’t have a digital wallet interact with your sites
Our instructors have decades of professional experience, have spoken at international conferences and have won countless web design awards.
Rik Lomas, Rik (he/him) is a Mancunian coder, teacher and CEO of SuperHi. He was the co-founder of Steer (a code school in London) and has taught several thousand people to code. He is a bit too old to be posting memes on our social media and recently featured as a Sour Patch Kid in the Macy’s Thanksgiving Parade.
Author(s): Rik Lomas
Videos Duration: 8h+