- Automate professionally and build applications that scrape web data effectively
- Build sustainable, scalable, and readable UI automation
- Set up the development environment using virtual environments in a step-by-step manner
- Explore how web elements work, and how professional automation engineers identify them for automation
Python is one of the most popular languages in the world and its demand is only growing with each passing day. As Selenium is an industry-standard for test automation, Python’s readability makes the two a perfect match for writing valuable automated tests.
Browser automation is in high demand as software testing costs rise and the software industry expands. Unfortunately, engineers interested in automation have little in the form of concrete guidance on how to be successful, or what properly written automation code even looks like.
In this course, you’ll explore how learning can be interactive by understanding the fundamentals of browser automation using the Python language with Selenium. It will prepare you for any interview for entry-level browser automation, while helping you enhance your professional portfolio with the right skills.
You will first focus on setting up your environment. Progressing through the sections, you’ll go on to understand the basics of browser automation. Later, the course will help you get hands-on with building robust applications that scrape web data.
By the end of this course, you will be well-versed with performing browser automation using Python and Selenium.
All codes and supporting files are available at-
- Get up to speed with setting up Python with a virtual environment
- Understand how to add a web driver to your PATH environment variable
- Become well-versed with handling browser windows and tabs
Runtime: 7 hours 5 minutes
Brandon Blair is a Software Engineer who designs fast, scalable, and maintainable frameworks for automated testing in the UI (browser), backend/API, and mobile testing domains. He is passionate about delivering critical insights to teams at short notice by giving them powerful automation tools and enjoys teaching strong foundational concepts to others, along with focusing on problem-solving.