Author: Julieanne Kost
Duration: 6h 29m
Skill Level: Beginner
In this course, 70+ movies cover topics including:
• Opening, navigating, and viewing files
• Customizing the interface for the tasks you do most often
• Understanding file formats, document size, bit depth, and color space
• Crop, transform, and warping images
• Mastering layers, masking, and blend modes
• Color and Brush Essentials
• Making detailed selections
• Editing and retouching techniques
• Using adjustment layers to tone and enhance color
• Working with smart objects and filters
• Creative type, shape, and layer effects
By the end of this course, you’ll be empowered to use Photoshop to quickly get the image results you want.
Julieanne Kost is a principal evangelist at Adobe Systems.
Julieanne is responsible for fostering relationships with customers through meaningful and inspirational Photoshop and Lightroom instruction. As a highly sought-after speaker for the industry-standard digital imaging franchise, she devises and presents motivating and educational training sessions, sharing original techniques and tutorials worldwide—via live events, Adobe.com, her own website and blogs.adobe.com/jkost. She is also the author of Window Seat – The Art of Digital Photography and Creative Thinking, an accomplished photographer and fine artist, and creator and host of the popular Photoshop CC Essential Training and The Art of Photoshop Compositing courses for lynda.com.
Kost is well known for her unique approach to instruction, infusing practical tips and tricks with an equal amount of humor and creativity that keeps audiences entertained and engaged. She often serves as a guest lecturer at distinguished photography schools and leading educational institutions around the world. She has created and published more than a thousand instructional videos for Adobe Photoshop and Lightroom. For her outstanding service and contributions to the photographic industry, she received the Gerhard Bakker award from the Professional Photographers of America and was granted the title of Honorary Educational Associate from the American Society of Photographers.
Kost holds an AA in fine art photography and a BS in psychology.
Skills covered in this course:
• Masking + Compositing
• Raw Processing
• Adobe Photoshop
• Image Editing