In this 203-video, entry-level training, CBT Nuggets trainer Keith Barker covers the knowledge security technicians need to take responsibility for the configuration, monitoring and operation of FortiGate devices in day-to-day network security operations.
This intermediate NSE 4 training prepares learners to take the Fortinet NSE 4 – FortiOS exam, which is the one required exam to earn the NSE 4 certification.
Network security technicians who know how to use FortiGate devices are in special demand. The NSE 4 is a FortiNet certification that validates your familiarity with installing and managing devices for day-to-day operation. The three FortiNet certifications that precede the NSE 4 focus on broad cybersecurity knowledge. The NSE 4 is the first to dive deeper into FortiGate device configuration. NSE 4 training prepares you with the specialized knowledge necessary to maintain and configure FortiGate devices.
For anyone who manages their advanced security practices training, this Fortinet training can be used for Fortinet NSE 4 – FortiOS exam prep, onboarding new security technicians, individual or team training plans, or as a Fortinet reference resource.
The 27-part series covers topics such as deploying and configuring FortiGate security devices onto a network, configuring firewall policies, NAT, and authentication with FortiGate devices, and using FortiGate inspection modes to encrypt and inspect traffic.
The skills that comprise this series include:
• Build a Fortinet FW Lab using VMware ESXi
• Build a Fortinet FW Lab using VMware Workstation
• Build a Fortinet FW Lab using Eve-NG
• FortiGate Security Fabric Fundamentals
• FortiGate FW Security Policy Fundamentals
• FortiGate FW DHCP Services
• FortiGate FW IP Routing Fundamentals
• FortiGate FW Network Fundamentals
• FortiGate Web Filtering
• FortiGate Virtual Networking and Trunking
• … and more.
Topics this training covers include:
• Building the LAB topology in Eve-NG
• FortiGate DHCP Server Config
• Testing LAB PC to Internet Connectivity
• Prepare the Networking in VMware Workstation
• VMware ESXi Lab Overview