This updated course teaches you how to build production-level services in Go, leveraging the power of Kubernetes.
From the beginning of the course, you will pair-program with your instructor Bill Kennedy as he walks you through the design philosophies, architectural decisions, and best practices as they apply to engineering a production-ready Go service.
With each new feature that is added to the service, you will learn how to deploy and manage the Kubernetes environment used to run the service. Throughout the class, the code being worked on is pushed to a repository for personal access and review.
• Studied CS in school or has a minimum of two years of experience programming full time professionally.
• Familiar with structural and object oriented programming styles.
• Has worked with arrays, lists, queues and stacks.
• Understands processes, threads and synchronization at a high level.
• Has worked with a command shell.
• Knows how to maneuver around the file system.
• Understands what environment variables are.
The class goes beyond just the use of the http package and focuses on building CRUD based services with logging, observability and debugging. The class also teaches POD architectures, Docker and cloud deployment. We believe this class is perfect for anyone wishing to build production ready, scalable, fast, and highly concurrent web services in Go.